GGLC Fete - Fundraising Opportunity for Clubs and Community Groups
Do you need to raise funds for your community club or non-profit organisation?
Consider running a Trash'n'Treasure stall at the Fete. Or Buy/Swap and Sell.
Oval sites are available and perfect for Trash'n'Treasure and the like. Drive your car and trailer/s onto the oval, set up tables or place boxes on the ground. Gazebos/umbrellas are optional.
At previous fetes, we found that kids toys, books, clothes, DVDs and videos were very popular items! There are always buyers looking for second hand household goods, garden tools and small furniture that can be restored.
A quick way for sporting clubs, churches, schools, neighbourhood groups to make some cash. Collect goods in the weeks prior, or have your members bring the items on the day.
Set up between 9am and 11 am. Sell goods from 11 am to 3pm. Leave after 3pm. Have some fun at the fete while you are there!
- you will need at least 6 people manning your stall the whole time (depending on how many items you are selling.
- you will need a cash float of coins.
- electrical goods MUST be tested and tagged.
- all unsold goods will need to be taken away at the end of the fete. (Consider lining up a Charity store to receive the goods the next day. Some will even collect from you. Or advertise items on your local facebook "Buy Nothing Group" where people come to you to collect items you give away. )
- expect the second hand dealers to be there early.